Artificial Grass, a Practical Choice
Artificial grass, also known as astroturf and artificial turf, is a popular choice for residential lawns and commercial landscaping. It is a great option for those who want to enjoy the look and feel of a natural grass surface without the maintenance requirements. Economy Landscaping is meticulous about installing artificial grass. We select the highest quality grass for every project and provide care instructions that will maximize the life of your grass.
- Low maintenance: Artificial grass does not require watering, mowing, or fertilizing, which can save time and money on lawn care.
- Durability: Artificial grass is designed to withstand heavy foot traffic, pets, and extreme weather conditions without becoming damaged or discolored.
- Aesthetically pleasing: High-quality artificial turf can look very similar to natural grass, and can provide a neat and uniform appearance to your lawn.
Artificial Turf for Pets
Artificial grass is a great option for pet owners, especially when trying to designate a specific potty area that is easy to clean and maintain.
Some of the benefits of artificial turf for pets are:
- Durability: Economy Landscape’s artificial grass is durable enough to withstand your pet's paws and claws. It will be able to handle the wear and tear of frequent use without becoming damaged.
- Good drainage: Our artificial grass has good drainage so that urine and other liquids can easily pass through. This will help prevent odors and keep the area clean.
- Non-toxic: Our artificial grass is non-toxic and safe for pets. This is especially important if your pet likes to chew on grass.
How long does artificial turf last?
Economy Landscaping’s artificial turf can last for about 8-15 years or more with proper care and maintenance. It is important to keep in mind that artificial grass that receives heavy foot traffic or exposure to harsh weather conditions may wear out faster than grass that is used less frequently or is protected.
Brushing and cleaning the grass regularly can also help prolong its lifespan. Limiting foot traffic and avoiding heavy equipment or vehicles can also help keep your artificial grass looking great and in condition for years to come.
Although artificial grass requires little maintenance, when it comes to pets, it is important to keep it clean and disinfected to prevent the buildup of bacteria and odors.
How do I clean artificial grass?
Cleaning your artificial grass can be easy and fast. Follow these maintenance steps to maintain the appearance and condition of your grass:
- Use a leaf blower to remove leaves, twigs, or other debris from the surface.
- Use a garden hose to rinse the grass and flush away any dirt that has accumulated.
- To remove stains, mix water, and mild detergent and apply the solution to the affected area. Make sure to use a soft brush or cloth to gently scrub the stain away.
- If you have pets, remove any pet waste from the grass as soon as possible. Use a plastic bag to pick up solid waste and then rinse the affected area with water.
- To disinfect your artificial grass, use a mixture of water and vinegar or any commercial disinfectant. Apply the solution to the grass and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly with water.
- To brush your grass, use a soft-bristled brush or broom to gently brush the grass fibers in the opposite direction of foot traffic. This will help keep the fibers standing upright and prevent flattening.
Can you vacuum artificial grass?
Yes. Vacuuming is one of the simplest and easiest ways to clean artificial grass. When vacuuming your grass, make sure to use a vacuum with a brush attachment to prevent grass fiber damage.
Is artificial turf safe?
Yes. Economy Landscaping’s artificial grass is safe for humans and pets. We use non-toxic, anti-microbial fibers with materials that are safe and free from harmful chemicals.
What is the installation process of artificial grass?
At Economy Landscaping we follow the right steps and guidelines to make sure we deliver our customers the best product possible. The overall installation process of artificial grass begins by first excavating the base of the area where the turf will be installed. After the excavation, we place a weed barrier and start installing and compacting a gravel base. When the gravel is all compacted, we lay down our artificial turf and secure all the edges. Once the grass is all laid and secured, we finalize by pouring the infill material and brushing the whole area for a natural look.